Many obvious names will be using for charity.
NEW YORK — Familiar faces will be using by a 5 boroughs in a world’s many renouned marathon this year. Founder of Every Mother Counts Christy Turlington Burns, luminary cook Richard Blais, restaurateur Joe Bastianich, and Boardwalk Empire’s Paul Sparks have motionless to take on a plea of a ING New York City Marathon for a second uninterrupted year. Joining these Marathon veterans will be radio talent Jean Chatzky (NBC’s Today Show), radio luminary Tanya Marchiol (HGTV), and news match Anna Kooiman (FOX News Channel), it was announced currently by New York Road Runners boss and CEO Mary Wittenberg.
Previously announced celebrities adding flicker to a margin embody U.S. Army maestro and Dancing with a Stars winner J.R. Martinez, who’s using on interest of Timex GPS, and former New York Rangers hockey actor Nick Kypreos, now a sports researcher on Canada’s Sportsnet.
“We have utterly a luminary fortuitous this year,” exclaimed Wittenberg. “We always demeanour brazen to carrying a luminary runners gleam during a ING New York City Marathon! These stars assistance to widespread really critical messages to their fans: vital a healthy lifestyle, giving behind to a community, and demonstrating a integrity to grasp something great. They supplement a smashing clarity of excitement, inspiration, and hum to a margin of runners.”
The luminary participants have traded their promote scripts for using logs, sporting apparatus for sneakers, and Hollywood backdrops for a streets of New York City, though on Nov 4, they’ll all come together to support one of some-more than 200 charities that are concerned with a ING New York City Marathon. In 2011, a central gift module lifted a record-breaking $34 million toward many opposite causes. This year, a competition aims to lift a bar even higher, to a sum of some-more than $35 million.
“Each year, hundreds of thousands of women die from complications associated to pregnancy and childbirth, though 90 percent of these deaths can be prevented if some-more people turn wakeful of a hurdles and solutions,” pronounced Turlington Burns. “By using a ING New York City Marathon, EMC hopes to rivet some-more supporters by illustrating one of a biggest barriers— distance. A marathon—26.2 miles—is a normal stretch a lady vital in a farming partial of many countries contingency transport to entrance puncture obstetric care. We are using a ING New York City Marathon again so other women don’t have to walk. We trust that together, we can make pregnancy and birth protected for all moms.”
The full list of luminary participants:
- Stephanie Abrams, on-camera meteorologist, The Weather Channel
- Joe Bastianich, restaurateur, decider on Master Chef
- Richard Blais, chef/TV personality, Life After Top Chef (Alliance for a Healthier Generation)
- Jennifer Carpenter, actress, Dexter (Every Mother Counts)
- Jean Chatzky, best-selling author and financial editor, NBC (Alliance for a Healthier Generation)
- Dave Douglas, jazz composer/musician/label owners (Ovarian Cancer National Alliance)
- Andrew Firestone, The Bachelor Season 3 (Team Grassroot Soccer)
- Anna Kooiman, News Correspondent, FOX News Channel (Folds of Honor)
- Nick Kypreos, former NY Rangers player, hockey researcher on Canada’s Sportsnet
- Tanya Marchiol, radio talent (HGTV)
- J.R. Martinez, U.S. Army veteran, leader of Dancing with a Stars (NYRR Youth Programs)
- Sarah Reinertsen, American challenged athlete, initial womanlike leg-amputee to finish Ironman® World Championship, CBS Amazing Race star (Challenged Athletes Foundation)
- Brian Sears, actor in Broadway’s Book of Mormon (Broadway Impact)
- Nick Spangler, leader of Amazing Race Season 2, actor in Broadway’s Book of Mormon (Broadway Impact)
- Paul Sparks, actor, Boardwalk Empire (JDRF)
- Greg T, radio personality, Elvis Duran and a Morning Show, Z100 (Rosie’s Theater Kids)
- Christy Turlington Burns, Global Maternal Health Advocate/Founder of Every Mother Counts (Every Mother Counts)
- Edwin outpost der Sar, former Manchester United soccer goalkeeper (Laureus Sport For Good Foundation)
- Patrick Wilson, actor, Insidious, Young Adult, Little Children (Michael J. Fox Foundation)
- Justin Young, contestant, Amazing Race Season 19 (Team Grassroot Soccer)